Friday, November 18, 2011

Wheel of Time - Week 11 - Medieval Book Discussion

It is time for our book discussion for the medieval time period.  I'm sorry to say, that I think we were the only ones who had even started a medieval book - except in the case of Noah - he always seems to do what is asked.  As we began class, we talked a litte bit about some of the environments and atmosphere during this period then started right in on the craft.  I thought having them make a lapbook for the medieval time period would sumarize it fairly well, so that's what we did.  I had made a few copies of castles, famous people, and shields for their use and cut them out.  But the rest of their creation was entirely on their own.  I let them look through whatever resources I had (knights coloring book, castles, cathedrals, & the Story of the World Activity Book) & I made copies of anything they wanted in class on whatever color of paper they requested.  It kept me pretty busy but I think they had an enjoyable time.  One of the comments I heard just made my day.  Quote "This is the best class ever".